* I sometimes think about going back to university for fun. I’d love to study something unrelated to my job like philosophy. I love learning, although I am probably underestimating the amount of work it would be to get another degree.
* My ambition in life is to keep learning and keep pushing myself to do new things. I cannot imagine a life where I am happy to stay as I am. I don’t really do contentment, in that way.
* I mainly go on short haul holidays, for money and environmental reasons. But I would love to go to Thailand or Japan for a long three week holiday.
* When Dave and I finally get married, we will probably go to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon, political situation allowing.
* I have been thinking about having kids a lot. Its quite scary, now that I’m not far from the age I want to be when I properly start making plans, which is 30.
* I find it absolutely shocking that men only get two weeks paternity leave in the UK. I mean, does the government want gender equality or not? It appears not.
* I consider myself a feminist, in the sense that I want societies to overcome gender divides. Men should be allowed to do things considered ‘feminine’ and women do things considered ‘masculine’ without anyone thinking it odd or even worth mentioning. Unfortunately, this view of feminism is rarely discussed. Its all ‘women are naturally better at communicating/multi-tasking/caring/ anything positive’ which I take issue with.
* I am a committed European. I am willing to put up with quite a lot of crap from the EU in return for an ideal of cooperation and togetherness.
* I am quite snobbish sometimes. For example, I was laughing at Dave for not knowing the difference between parliament and government. I have since discovered that about 80% of the general population don’t know this either. I find this really quite worrying.
* I am looking out of the window and am wondering whether out neighbours’ new black cat is pregnant or just extremely fat. Like a ball.
There you go, an odd assortment of things floating around my head!
I won’t tag anyone in particular, but anyone fancies doing this, let me know and I’ll tag you. Or you could just do it!