This outfit is basically a mix of this one and this one. I wore this for Sunday lunch and to see Tegan and Sara. They were excellent, and because I’m feeling rambly, I’m going to give you a few reflections:
* They look way more different from each other in real life than their pictures.
* Their songs sound very different when played live. Different as in Tegan’s songs sound different from Sara’s.
* They encourage their audience in making this distinction between Tegan songs and Sara songs
* Tegans songs sound like classic folkrock, whereas Sara’s are more synthy sounding (like 80s Madonna, Dave says)
* I prefer the Sara ones, especially Night Watch off the new album, and Walking with a Ghost of course
* They tell good random stories
* They have a huge following of hardcore fans
* Maybe because of this, they are the only band I have ever seen to have a security guard actually onstage.
* Tegan sometimes pronounces Sara as Sarah and sometimes as Zara.
Right, that’s enough! I get a bit carried away when making lists.
I took this picture in the garden, and while I managed to overcome the glary light problem, I neglected to consider that my hair is the same colour as the bricks. the search for a good garden photo taking spot continues.
dress – h&m
jean, shoes – charity shop
belt – ‘fripe’ shop in Paris
bird brooch and tooled leather bag – swap
butterply pin – from when I was lickle