More favourite outfits from each month of the year. See Part 1 (January to June) here
Looking back across my flickr wardrobe remix set, I noticed:
* My love affair with blocky colour continues unabated.
* I seem to have put together a lot of primary colour outfits, and also a lot of red – green – yellow – my favourite combo
* The most common colour I’ve worn is red in all its guises.
* But my favourite is still yellow. I don’t own that many yellow pieces, but whenever I wear them, they make me happy.
* Layering is the easiest way to mix up your wardrobe and, in Scotland, absolutely necessary from September onwards just to keep warm.
* 2009 has been the year of party dresses, worn without much accessorising. I think its because of all the weddings we’ve been to (’tis what happens when you’re 28!), but it’s also taught me that sometimes less is more and I should just let the dress speak for itself
* I hardly seem to have worn earrings at all this year.
* I love dresses over trousers. It was such a ubiquitous thing a few years ago, but now you almost never see it any more, which is a shame.
* I’m still a very timid pattern mixer. I love it on other people, but I just can’t seem to do it myself.
What about you? What were your trends/loves of the year?