I was awarded the Beautiful Blogger by the lovely Rebecca of baby sloth, thank you my dear! It involves sharing 7 interesting things about yourself, and I haven’t done a meme for a while (actually, that’s a lie, I have not that long ago!) so I’ll do it. Not interesting things, more random thoughts though.
1. I drink massive amounts of tea. Since doing the vegan challenge, I have significantly cut back on the amount of black tea with milk I drink ( i still have it occassionally), and I now have green tea at work. My favourite tea is a chinese green one called Ding Gu Da Fong, which is lovely and smokey but unfortunately costs £5 for 50g, so I don’t have it very often.
2. I have weird accent. I’ve lived in Scotland for 10 years, so it’s part Scottish, but also when I get nervous I tend to go all posh English. There’s also a base layer of something generically European about it. People often think that I am from the Scottish Western Isles, because people there have quite an unusual, Scandinavian sounding accent. It’s nothing like mine I don’t think, but I suppose most people don’t know what it sounds like either, and it kind of fits.
3. Speaking of random accents, does anyone know what the accent of Daniels in the Wire is supposed to be? I checked and the actor is from Baltimore, but it sounds completely different from all the other characters, almost a little African.
4. Just now, Dave is reading out something about cat psychology from the BBC website. Apparently cats don’t meow at each other, just at humans.
5. I love circular knitting needles. So many people think that they are some sort of advanced thing, but I think they are actually easier than anything else. You can just go round and round forever without thinking and its virtually impossible to drop a stitch.
6. I have recently discovered a taste for whisky. I used to not like it at all but now I love it! There’s so many different flavours to discover.
7. I’m half considering joining twitter, mainly because I don’t entirely understand how it works, especially the way you have conversations with people, and if I used it I would learn. But so I really have space in my life for more computer stuff? Do any of you have a full time job and use twitter? Would you say its worth getting it if you can’t devote much time to it?
I’m passing this award on to the following blogs, feel free to ignore if you don’t fancy it:
Here are the rules that came with the award:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.