Starting tomorrow, I’m doing the Small Fabric of my life spring capsule wardrobe challenge. The original rules can be read here and basically involve choosing ten items of clothing and 5 accessories to wear Monday – Friday of the week beginning 1st March. Underwear and hoisery are excluded and you are are also allowed a functional coat, weather-friendly shoes, warm hat, scarf and gloves which will not count as part of your ten items.
However, once again I was actually unable to read the rules properly and thought you were only allowed ten items including accessories when I chose my stuff. I’ve decided to stick with it since I’m obviously a glutton for punishment! Do I get brownie points, Jane?
Anyway, here are my ten items. I’ve gone for a grey and purple and colour scheme with a bit of red and yellow:
1. this houndstooth dress
2. this stripy shirt dress
3. this grey skirt
4. some fairly tight black trousers
5. the black shoes you can see in the top photo
6. this purple jumper top
7. this purple scarf
8. a primary colour scarf, which hasn’t yet made an appearance
9. this red handbag for some extra colour
10. long sleeve tops: yellow, purple and black. Since these are technically underwear (I need them so I can rewear the dresses without washing them), I’m not counting each one as it’s own item, but since you can see them I’ve decided that they collectively make up one item.
I also have these red boots as my exempt outdoor shoes.
Oh and while the challenge is going on I’m again suspending outfit chronology. I have some outfits I’ve been wearing last week still to show, but these will have to wait until the following week.