Thank goodness it’s Friday! I’ve not had a good week (not a good fortnight really). I’m doing a high profile project at work, which involves cajoling a large number of people into doing stuff for me at tight deadlines, including some senior people who aren’t pulling their weight. I’m pretty stressed! It doesn’t help that Dave has been away for over a week, so I’m not exactly sleeping well. Anyway, it’s now the weekend, so hopefully I will recuperate!
Here’s some linkage:
* ever wanted to know my political views? I go on at length here (though note that this was written pre-Conservative government of doom)
* I’ve been enjoying all the bloggers dressing their best. What a lovely idea! If this ever happens again, I’m definitely participating (smile, boobs, bendy waist, belly and bum, since you ask).
* A round-up of the discussion about cultural appropriation. When I first read about this here on academichic, I commented that I didn’t really mind appropriation as much as cultures being essentialised. I realise now that it was quite naive to see the two as separate, and I hadn’t quite thought of cultural appropriation in a context where the culture being appropriated is also a culture that has been consciously endangered/rooted out by powerful groups. I have a lot of thinking to do…
* Home screenprinting tutorial. Oh to be a lady of leisure and to have time tro try lots of different crafts.
* Been updating my tumblr quite a lot recently and I have a sleek new theme. Come and have a look/say hello!
See, now I feel better already! Happy weekend all!