This was taken a few weeks ago, I had kept it behind because of the Capsule Wardrobe Challange. I wore this to go to a Michelin starred restaurant, the Kitchin (people that watch bbc 1 cheffy food shows, that’s Tom Kitchin’s one. It was in the final of the last professional masterchef)! It was DELICIOUS! We had been once before so we really wanted to show Dave’s mum, who was up for the weekend. I still dream of the pistachio chocolate souffle!
outfit stats: * dress – people tree * zip bag and scarf – gift * belt – charity shop *shoes – clarks
I’m not doing Friend Friday again, because the theme is beauty products, and I’m not a beauty gilr and I really have nothing intesting to say on that. Instead, I’m doing the Stylish Blogger award/ meme I got tagged with by Fabienne at the House in the Clouds. It’s one of those tell us 7 things about yourself ones. I’ve done a few of these, and the most comprehensive one is probably this one. But today its all light and fluffy:
1. This is for Amber who asked this question: The reason I first moved from Luxembourg to Scotland 10 years ago was to study architecture. I went to a European school, where I has some classes in English (most in German) and I was a total Britiophile. There was no university in Luxembourg at the time, so I had to leave, and I decided I wanted to go to the UK. There’s only few universities that offer architecture in this country and Edinburgh was the best one, so that’s where I went. It was also the only university I visited before deciding.
2. I then changed courses to human geography, because I was not cut out for architecture. Which was absolutely the right thing to do!
3. I go through phases of overusing certain words. At the moment its kittens. I call the cats (aged 2 and 8) kittens, I call Dave kitten, I call people kitten on twitter. I’m beginning to annoy even myself.
4. The trait I most deplore in others (spot the guardian Saturday magazine reference!) is bullshitting. Specifically, people who bullshit when they don’t have to, who will pretend to be experts in stuff they know nothing whatsoever about and who will insist they are right even when they have been proven wrong. This is surprisingly common and usually people get away with it for way longer than they should, because they are so confident that a lot of people just assume they know what they’re talking about. Not me though, which brings me to:
5. The trait I most deplore in myself is arguing way beyond the point of reasonableness. When I know I’m right, I will not let it go. I like to think that the difference between bullshit people and me is that at least I only do it when I know I’m right. I’m not afraid to say if I know nothing about something or have made a mistake. But when I am sure, boy will you know it. Put me next to one of such bullshitters and I will challenge them constantly. I am told this is quite funny to watch.
6. I love Adam and Joe. And they’re back on 6music, hurrah!
7. I like cheap types of flowers best. Give me daffodils, tulips or chrysanthemums, over roses any day.
The rules of the award are to tag 7 bloggers, but I’m gonna cop out and leave this to people to take if they want. I am still trying to cut down my online time for burnout related reasons!
Happy Friday kittens!