A while ago, The lovely Bella Q sent me this shirt dress as part of a packet of goodies for my birthday. I didn’t really know what do do with it, as it’s not my usual style. So I asked my twitter friends to help me out!
Here’s what they came up with:
Melissa Palazzolo said:
This is a mix of all her suggestions, over a dress, but open and with a belt. If that shirt was just 5 cms longer, it would have been great! as it was, I kept having to pull it down, so I ditched the belt fairly quickly!
* dress- people tree * bag, belt – charity shop * sandals – camper *
No pleated skirt, and no proper heels, but getting into the spirit!
* skirt – people tree 8 top under – aa, dyed red by me * shoes – schuh * bag – tula *
Kim Daniels said:
and Veronica Darling said:
Like I said avove, the belted thing wasn’t a goer, but the pencil skirt was! It looks almost like a skirt suit! No colourful tunice I’m afraid, I’m not really a tunic girl!
* skirt – charity shop * top underneath – aa, I dyed it * shoes – office *
I have no ankle length trousers, so i rolled up some jeans, and added a hairband as an approximation of a tiara. Admittedly, the result is more comfy person on a hot day than audrey hepburn, but stuill, it’s cute!
* jeans – vero moda, dyed grey (now fading) by me * top under – h&m or siimial * headband – accessorize * shoes – el naturalista
This is Dave’s leather jacket, which he rarely wears, it’s small on him but big on me. I was aiming for a sort of ‘This is England’ vibe here, but according to Dave I look like an 80s rock star here. I think he was thinking of Michael Jackson!
* jacket – vintage shop closing down sale * jeans – charity shops * shoes – office *
How would you style it? I’ll do another challenge when I get back from honeymoon in late September, and I’ll make sure to post it on my Twitter, Google+ and Facebook so everyone gets a chance to make suggestions!