I hadn’t really intended to take outfit pics while on honeymoon, but somehow Dave and I got into this thing where we would take pictures of each other in the same location most days, and I like the results!
My packing was super basic because I did it when sleepy and slightly hungover from our reception, so no major planning went into it, and in any case, I was trying to keep things light, since we were away for 15 days, way longer than we usually go on holiday for.
And I do think I was successful in being efficient in my packing, so I thought I’d share my experiences.
Here’s what I took:
* three skirts
* twelve vest tops (tank tops)
* two tshirts
* two long sleeved tshirts/tops
* two cardigans
* two dresses
* one tunic/short dress thing
* one pair of cords (for the journey back)
* lace up plastic patent shoes
* underwear and socks
No jewellery except the rings and stud earrings I was wearing. And I wore everything except one of the cardigans – I usually bring loads of stuff home unworn! I probably could have saved some space by ditching the dresses for more vest tops and maybe another skirt, but I wanted to have the chance to dress up a little. And the socks. When you are going to 40 degree temperatures, you do not need socks for every day!
Another thing that really didn’t pull its weight was my make up bag. Within about two hours, my skin had gone 3 shades darker (I tan easily!), so I couldn’t use my concealer, undereye thing or foundation. And I was so sweaty under my sun glasses that I really didn’t want to chance any other products around my eyes. I think I wore mascara three times in the evenings, otherwise I was completely make up free!
Have you been on long trips without access to a washing machine? Do you have any tips?
1. vintage vegetable skirt – beyond retro in brighton, bought on my hen weekend * tshirt – aa, dyed by me * sandals – camper * sunnies – topshop
2. skirt – people tree * vest top – aa * sandals – camper * sunnies – h&m
3. skirt – hand me down from Dave’s mum, shortened and dyed by me * vest – gap or h&m * sandals – camper * sunnies – topshop * badge – gift from photographer
4. jeans – vero moda, dyed by me * top – charity shop * sandals – camper