I finished this all the way back in April, but the friend it was for, didn’t have her baby til mid June, so I had to sit on the pictures! It’s based on this pattern, its reversible and easily memorisable while still being interesting enough. I do remember there was something a bit funny with the pattern, but now I’ve looked on the ravelry page that might be because the pattern doesn’t have the horizontal garter stitch rows (though oddly, the picture that comes with the pattern has them), so maybe that’s what it was. It was all easy enough to work out anyway!
I used some stashed acrylic yarn I had left over, which I only had two (large) skeins of, which is why it’s a bit smaller than your usual baby blanket. It’s probably not the tidyest thing I’ve ever knitted, mainly because this was the thing I taught myself continental/scandivavian knitting/picking on, so the tension is all over the place at the bottom. But I like it!
Obviously, it’s blue. I just made it that colour because I had that yarn left over – I didn’t know if it was going to be a girl or boy (she didn’t want to know) and I even think about the colour coding. Even when I did think about it, I thought it would be ok, because it’s not baby blue, it’s electric blue. But I was so wrong! It ended up being a girl and now apparently everyone assumes it’s a boy. People are silly! Well, I’m making my friend mess with people’s minds!
p.s. Cat feet!