So, after I got the thinky bit out of the way, on with the monthly reporting, and apologies for the crappy photos. I had to take them with the phone or I wouldn’t have managed to post this this week and god knows it’s late enough.
Notwithstanding what I said last time, I bought loads from the charity shops again.
Three coats in one go! I think the assistant thought I was a bit mad, but I liked them all, and two of them did fill a gap of a lightweight waterproof that also looks nice – my proper waterproof jacket is very outdoorsy. From left to right:
- M&S wax fabric dotty mac – £9.99
- George (Asda) cherry lightweight foldable – £4.99. This is the one of the three I would have left behind if only allowed two, but the one I’ve worn most. I’ve worn it at least 20 times since I got it, so it was the right choice. The mac I’ve only worn five or so times, so it’s not yet passed the pound a wear test.
- Jigsaw winter coat – £14.99. Too warm to wear this now, but couldn’t pass it up. Excellent condition and well made.
Each of the coats would be 11 coupons if new.
Also got this vintage elephant brooch from Citizen Rosebud first dibs (i.e. before it’s listed on etsy) for $5, which is about £3.20. There’s no coupon value for brooches, I guess I’m gonna say 2 coupons, like other accessories.
Which means I’ve now used the equivalent of my new coupons for second hand things. Am going to continue as if that hasn’t happened, as long as I can manage to get rid of as many things as I bought I reckon it’s ok. Which I did.
- A short sleeved woolen jumper from People Tree, originally got new in oxfam. Still in really good condition, but a warm woolen jumper that is also short sleeved just makes no sense, so I rarely wore it.
- People Tree silk blouse, this one had been bought new and I did wear it a fair bit, but it’s too blousey, and I thought it’d be better off with someone else.
- A red roll necky long sleeve tee from h&m (not shown). The rollneck was all floppy and out of shape, so I hadn’t worn it in ages.
- I also got rid of some earrings, but I can’t remember what they were
I also finally got round to fixing up some bits. One of the buttons on this cardie broke, and they weren’t very nice in the first place, so I swapped them all for red ones.
Plus I fixed the netting on the hat I wore to the wedding the other week. I also darned some holes in a pair of leggings and some pyjama bottoms. I still have a couple of bits left with holes that are so big I need to buy some iron on stuff first before I can sew around it, but I’m getting there.
And that’s me!
So in summary:
Coupons used: 0
Coupon equivalent for second hand items: 66
Money spent : £60.16