I finished the cardigan I bought the yarn for at the yarn festival! The pattern is the yet to be named baby cardigan by Yarn Madness. I made the 12 month size, but in slightly smaller needles (3.25 instead of 3.5) and thinner yarn (sportweight instead of DK), and it pretty much came out so that he can wear it now, which wasn’t really what I was expecting, particularly cos he’s a small baby, but is ok I suppose. Here he is modelling it (the colours are slightly more accurate here):
I really liked the pattern, it was interesting and taught me something new (intarsia), but not too difficult so you couldn’t watch TV while doing it. However,tThere was something very odd going on with the length. It said that it should measure 32 cm from the shoulder. Now that makes very little sense on a raglan sleeve thing, which doesn’t have a shoulder seam. So I measured it from the bottom of the neckband, which is pretty much the highest place. But It still turned out RIDICULOUSLY long. Like a coat, or something with legs, see:
I really don’t know what’s going on here. It wasn’t difficult to fix, I just took off about ten cms, but it was a hassle and a waste of yarn. I suppose I better email the author so she can fix it, because it really is a great pattern!
I think if I make this again I would also make it even shorter and have buttons going down all the way.