And only four months it took me! It’s the Colette Violet blouse. I made it out of a vintage sheet I got from the charity shop. I made it as a proper thing not a muslin, but the idea was that once I’d worked out how the pattern works I’d make it in a nice new fabric, maybe one that doesn’t cromple as easily as the 100% cotton of the sheet.
The pattern says beginner, but it taught me loads of new things, most notably the gathering and the buttonholes. I didn’t do massively well with the gathering, especially in the bit at the back, I ended up having to cut the sides down quite a lot because I hadn’t gathered it enough. In general, my pattern pieces rarely matched up properly so there was a fair bit of fudging. But overall, I did alright with most of the techniques. And I only had to check stuff with Dave a couple of times, which is a huge improvement on previous things I’ve made, which were Burdastyle, where the instructions might as well be in Klingon for how much help they are.
The one thing I’m not happy about is the sizing. According to my measurements, I am between a size 10 and 12. The instructions tell you that in that case you should cut the larger size, but I am usually a UK 12/8, and I draw the line at going up two sizes. Which was definitely the right thing to do! even allowing for it being a loose fitting style, it’s pretty much too big everywhere, except the chest. So I think next time I need to cut an 8 and adjust the darts or whatever a full bust adjustment is.
But for now I’m happy enough with it to wear it!
* blouse – I made it, obvs * blazer – charity shop * skirt – h&m * shoes – calrks originals *
P.s. sorry for crappy pictures. I couldn’t get the light colour of the shirt and the dark colour of everything else to work together