Today’s outfit is built around the necklace which I was sent for review by Uncommon Goods. They’re an American based (they do ship ‘internationally’) online shop through which independent designers well their stuff. Everything is really lovely! They cover all the usual gift shop categories and lots of personalised stuff too (see here). I originally investigated the kids stuff which is super cute (see it here), but in the end I was selfish and went for something from the jewellery section (see here). I chose this agate slice necklace by artist Lucy Dalton. I love the the raw edges with the delicate setting and chain!
I’m really happy to be promoting Uncommon Goods because as well as having a great selection of gifts, they’ve got a strong ethical approach. They do a really god job of promoting their makers, there’s lots of info about each person on the website, and the necklace arrived with a little note about Lucy Dalton and her approach! According to them, half their stock is handmade and a third is upcycled or recycled. But what I particularly like is that they commit to paying their lowest paid workers 50% over the minimum wage and they have a charity programme through which they donate $1 for every purchase to one of their four charities, which I all like a lot:
• RAINN, an anti-sexual violence organization which arries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help
survivors, and ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
• American Forests, which protects and restores forests worldwide
• Women for Women International, which provides women survivors of war with the tools and resources to move from crisis
and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency.
• Reach Out and Read’s which is of doctors and nurses promoting early literacy, language skills, and school readiness to young children and their families
Thanks Uncommon Goods!
* dress – mango * blazer – charity shop * shoes – office * necklace – c/o Uncommon Goods obvs *
P.s. Sorry about the turned under collar in the pictures by the front door. It’s what happens when you rush the photos!