Showing you a long neglected craft project today that I’ve FINALLY finished! This is the album of Milo’s 2014 Project 52 pictures. This is probably my favourite thing about having the one photo a week, it gives you good coverage of the year, but also a manageable amount of photos. I always think it’s a good idea to print photos out and put them into albums but I took/take so many of Milo and I just don’t have the time to sort through them.
Anyway, the album is an orla keily one we got given for our wedding in 2011, so I’m glad we found a use for it (we never did get round to printing and albumming our honeymoon cos there were just too many pictures). The photos were printed using photobox, I got a voucher in their new year sale. I’m very pleased with the quality of those and if their postage pricing structure wasn’t so rubbish (it’s the same price for the first 100 photos, and when do you ever have 100 photos to print? I ended up printing out all sorts of nonsense to make up the numbers for my 100 prints voucher) I would be using them all the time.
I knew I wanted to do something interesting but also simple with the background, not proper scrapbooking. My plan had been to use origami paper, because the album is square, but turns out the origami paper I had in my head doesn’t actually exist. Most origami paper is too small for that album size and most big packs were half plain colours anyway. I did eventually find some bigger sized papers with prints I liked, but the packs were small and it would have been expensive. I was actually just about to order them anyway, when luckily I went into Tiger to waste some time and found this block of printed paper for cheap cheap cheap. So I used those, plus some origami type paper (intended for making predesigned folded animals) I got from a postal swap thing, and also a couple of random pages ripped from magazines and some of Milo’s painting. The writing (journaling!) I just printed out on the computer, because I only like my handwriting when I’m using big fat flip chart markers, it looks quite childish usually.
It still took me five months to do, but I’m so pleased with it now it’s done!