Lookit here, a topical post, I’m not sure this has ever happened before! Since it’s pancake day tomorrow, today I’m showing you some extra fluffy American style pancakes with all the added ingredients – raspberries, blueberries AND roasted chopped hazelnuts. Just in cake you fancy that little bit extra!
You could use fresh fruit, I just used frozen because we always have some in the freezer.
- 270g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 260ml milk
- 2 large or 3 small eggs
- a small blob of butter (20g maybe), melted
- handful or frozen raspberries, crumples into small peices
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 3tbsp roasted chopped hazelnuts
- extra butter or oil for frying
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything else
- Pour milk mix into four mix and mix until smooth
- Leave to stand until frozen berries have thawed a little (I left about half an hour)
- Heat butter in a pan, and pour in a small ladleful or batter
- Fry and flip over when the top of the pancake begins to bubble
Serve freshly our of the pan!