≡ Menu

That Burda dress V.3!

Burda 03/2017 112
Burda 03/2017 112
Burda 03/2017 112
Burda 03/2017 112
Burda 03/2017 112
Burda 03/2017 112

So… another one of these dresses (version 1 here, and version 2 here). I hadn’t really planned to make another practice one before the one for the wedding, but after number 2 ended up so wide I thought I better figure out what was going on. As I mentioned, I did cut it on the fold adding a seam allowance in versions 1 and 2, so I took that out for this, taking 3cms out of the centre. But apart from that, I didn’t narrow it at all and it was fine. No idea what was going on since I took 4 inches/10cms out of version 2, and nothing out of version 1. I am terrible at cutting out, but that’s A LOT of variation!

Anywhoo, it was ok. The only other change I made was to shorten the sleeves by about 10cms (which is also the bell-ey bit of them), just so I wouldn’t have two completely identical dresses. It’s not as noticable as I expected though. The fabric is stash stuff I got from a swap, originally Kerry‘s, I think she made a party dress for her daughter out of it. It’s quite stiff and I’m not sure how well the colours it will hold up in the wash, but I like the print and the colours. I wore this to go for a fancy(ish) child free lunch in the Scran and Scallie.

Nothing much more to say about this pattern now, but only one more version to go, which is the final one!

Comments on this entry are closed.

  • Janet 17 May 2017, 4:01 pm

    Looks good.

Next post:

Previous post: