Hellooooooo! Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. The August break has definitely done it’s job of letting me not think about blogging, though now I have an almost full memory card with all the unedited pictures. Clearly my plan of getting ahead and scheduling all the posts did not come to fruition!
Anyway I’m back! With some sewing from the beginning of the summer, which I only got round to photographing while I was doing the August break, so I’m showing you now. There’s actually not an awful lot to say about this, it’s the Seamwork Akita, cut exactly the same way as the Donna Wilson one with the little oranges. I’m not the biggest fan of Seamwork, but this top works for me and is good for using up longish narrow pieces of fabric like this one which I got from a swap, I think it came from Kathryn. Though it does use up a helluva lot of bias tape. I always use the nice soft stuff you buy in packets rather than the cheaper and scratchier stuff you can buy by the metre, but this top actually uses two packets which makes it kinda expensive. I know what the answer is – make your own – but I have weird things I’m lazy about.
Anyway, that’s all about this top really, other than to say that editing these pictures has really made me wish it was still summer!