This is the knitting I mentioned, I did in 2017, but never managed to blog so am counting for 2018.
The pattern is the Postlude by Gabrielle Danskknit. It was Milo’s choice as it was him that needed a hat. I had been thinking somthing more complex, maybe some colourwork, but he was adamant, and in the end it turned out to be just the perfect bit of TV/bus knitting. It’s quite a simple pattern, and I probably could have figured it out myself, but I never would have thought of putting the purl side on the outside like that. Which also actually makes these hats reversible.
I hadn’t actually planned to make this a matchy matchy family hat-fest like that, I had just planned to make one for Milo, but as usual I didn’t swatch and the child size endfed up actually too big for even me. By the time I’d made that, I understood the pattern, so just measured the boys’ heads and worked it out that way without referring to the sizes in the pattern.
For yarn I used leftovers from Milo’s second blanket. I had an entire ball of the white, and there’s still loads left, and various bits of the other colours. For Ellis’ hat, I ran out of the lifghter blue, but actually I really like it with the darker blue mixed in. And obviously stashbusting is always a good idea!